- Practice Commenced: 1991
- Total Mediations (as of Dec 2022): 200
- Total Arbitrations (as of Dec 2022): 500
- CENTRAL REGION
Since 1991, Peter has served as an ADR neutral primarily involving IP (patent, trademark, trade secret), IT and other technologyâ€‘related disputes encompassing a wide range of technologies and industries, e.g., aviation, electronics (hardware and software), energy, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and infrastructure (including investment); and secondarily other commercial disputes. Also served, from 1979-2012, as an active IP practitioner concentrating in patent matters (primarily complex electronic, communications and computer-related and mechanical technologies) and trademark matters; and from 2010â€‘2012 as General Counsel (virtual) for Direct Grid Technologies, LLC. For further details, see his CV accessible on his website.
- Banking & Finance
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Communications
- Medical Devices
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- New York University School of Law New York, New York June 1985 - Masters of Law (LLM) Trade Regulation
- Duquesne University School of Law Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania June 1979 - Juris Doctor (JD) Senior Staff Member - Duquesne Law Review
- M.Sc. -Electrical Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon Univ. (CMU), Pittsburgh 1975
- B.Sc. - Electrical Engineering & Economics, CMU, Pittsburgh, 1974.
Peter has substantial arbitration, mediation and negotiation training.
Peter has also conducted seminars, co-directed courses, served as speaker on many occasions, provided numerous presentations concerning various aspects of ADR, IP law and IP-related ADR to various legal groups, and organizations, and authored articles on various aspects of arbitration, IP-related ADR and IP law.
For further details including downloadable versions of his publications and presentations, see his CV accessible on his website.
Memberships & Affiliations
Licensed to practice:
- Alaska Bar (2000)
- New York Bar (1986)
- New Jersey Bar (1980)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (1980) (Registered Patent Attorney 30,090)
- Pennsylvania (1979)
- Various Federal District Courts and Courts of Appeal, including U.S. Supreme Court (1986)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1983) and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1981)
Principal Professional Organizations and ADR Institutions:
- Fellow, Chartered Arbitrator & Former Trustee (Americas region), Chair Emeritus, Co-Founder & Former Acting Treasurer NY Branch -- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow -- CCA & American College of e-Neutrals
- Arbitrator & Mediator -- ICDR and AAA (Commercial, Large Complex Case, E-discovery/Special Master, M&A and Joint Venture & other panels; Technology panel including SEP-FRAND, Biotech, Pharma. and other specialty rosters)
- Member “Tech List” -- Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center
- Arbitrator on IP (also mediator), Domain Name, Legal Rights Objections & Trademark Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution panels -- WIPO
- Arbitrator & Mediator -- CPR, KLRCA and USDC-EDNY
- Arbitrator -- SIAC, HKIAC, APAC, PIAC, BCICAC, FINRA, Fed Arb
- Accredited Mediator -- CEDR.
Member: International Arbitration Club of NY; ABA; NY, NJ & AK Bar Associations.
Kindly contact Mr. Michaelson for latest information on his rates.